CodePro U Excel
CodePro U Excel
CodePro U offers comprehensive education in home care diagnosis coding and OASIS. The certification exams are not part of the program, although the courses prepare the student for taking the certification exams. CodePro U does not provide job placement, or career counseling.
Because of our industry reputation, CodePro U has been contacted by employers searching for qualified applicants for remote coding positions. Because of these ongoing requests, CodePro U has created a program to identify those that excel in the CodePro U training. Those who opt for CodePro U Excel will be eligible to receive a special certificate indicating a high degree of proficiency. Our goal is to establish and advance the competency of coders and further enable coders in obtaining employment in this rewarding and successful career.
Those eligible for the Excel program will:
1) Already hold a certificate in coding (CCA, CPA, CCS-A, CPC-A, COC, HCS-D*, BCHH-C, CCS, RHIA, RHIT)
2) Complete the CodePro U Intermediate Course (CodePro U staff will track your progress in the administrative portion of the program)
3) Pass the Knowledge Assessment Test Excel (10 KAT Excel), which is composed of 50 questions. Successful candidates will pass the 10 KAT Excel with at least a score of 90% (the test will be timed).
4) Complete a background check, including a federal criminal history check
5) Pass the homecare coding certification exam (HCS-D).
6) Those with no work experience will need to complete the CodePro U practicum.
Note: Successful candidates will be expected to successfully obtain certification in OASIS. Successful candidates will display the ability to not only be a great “test taker” but to be able to use critical thinking skills crucial in home care coding.
We do not guarantee that those that opt for CodePro U Excel will be eligible for referral to potential employers. Those successfully completing the Excel program are not guaranteed employment. Potential employers will require an interview and successful one-on-one mentoring. In some cases, Excel students will require additional training to remain eligible.
*Those who have already achieved the HCS-D certification will need to complete steps 3, 4 and 6 above.